Owens Corning Foamular ®
Request a sample of Owens Corning® FOAMULAR® Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) using the from on this page.
- Absorbed water reduces insulation’s R-value. FOAMULAR® XPS is manufactured with a process that results in a closed cell cross section, which means very little water will be absorbed.
- FOAMULAR® XPS is great for commercial and residential walls, residing projects, commercial roofs, foundations, underground utilities, under roads and more.
- FOAMULAR® XPS is available in a variety of compressive strengths and styles to suit the job.
- FOAMULAR® XPS is the only XPS that is GREENGUARD Gold certified.
- FOAMULAR® XPS is the first XPS with a third party, independently certified, minimum 20% recycled content by SCS Global Services.
- FOAMULAR® XPS is manufactured by a family of companies with more than 75 years of insulating experience.
- FOAMULAR® XPS has an industry-leading lifetime limited warranty₁ across all thicknesses and compressive strengths.
Take a look at our Product Selection Guide for additional details and a complete listing of our products.
Extruded Polystyrene vs. Expanded Polystyrene
There are two types of rigid polystyrene foam plastic insulation, extruded (XPS foam), and expanded (EPS foam). Although both types of insulation are comprised of polystyrene, the two types of manufacturing processes produce finished products with very different performance properties. XPS is manufactured in a continuous extrusion process that produces a homogeneous closed cell crossed section, whereas EPS is manufactured by expanding spherical beads in a mold, using heat and pressure to fuse the beads together.
The Expanded Polystyrene Foam industry has put out extensive messaging about how EPS foam performs the same, if not better, than Extruded Polystyrene Rigid Foam Insulation when it comes to R-value and moisture.
But you only have to look at the science to see the truth –
- Science proves that XPS foam is more moisture-resistant than EPS foam*
- Science proves that XPS foam holds R-value better than EPS foam at lower mean temperatures when water is present*
Learn more about the differences between XPS and EPS at owenscorning.com/sciencedoesntlie.
CavityComplete™ Wall Systems
With CavityComplete™ Wall Systems, you can reduce liability and efficiently specify and detail quality assemblies with components that are tested as a system and are completely compatible₂, code compliant and warrantied₃ to perform together.
Efficiency and Reduced Liability: With the introduction of CavityComplete™ Wall Systems, you can easily specify and detail high performance assemblies with components that are tested, proven and fully documented to produce wall systems you can have confidence in. This helps save time and minimizes the risk for errors and omissions.
Quality: The CavityComplete™ Wall Systems feature components that were tested together toproduce systemized codes and standards compliance data. Each component is great on its own, and when combined, they produce wall systems that provide thermal efficiency, continuous insulation, fire resistance, air and water management, vapor resistance and veneer anchoring systems, plus design options that are engineered to maximize performance by climatic region.
Recognized and Trusted: The easily available, category-leading product components of CavityComplete™ Wall Systems are recognized by architects, contractors and building inspectors for delivering long-term performance. The trusted brands behind CavityComplete™ Wall Systems deliver added peace of mind for those creating, owning and occupying the building. With thousands of products to choose from when designing a masonry cavity wall system for your upcoming project, the CavityComplete™ Wall Systems team has designed complete systems that take the guesswork out of specification. With the warranty and testing behind these systems, you can specify with confidence.
Visit CavityComplete.com for additional information.
Download the Owens Corning Solutions app in the Apple iTunes Store today to access our Division eBooks. Find all apps by Owens Corning here.
A.H. Harris has all your insulation needs covered. Call or visit your nearest Harris branch today and ask about Owens Corning. You can also order free samples using the form provided.